General TFL Guidelines
- Please make sure you've read the rules carefully and checked the approved section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category, please apply in both categories. This does not apply to certain categories, however. Please check the rules and category list pages for more information.
- Name, Email, HTML Example and subject are required fields. Your application will NOT go through unless you fill in these fields.
- Your HTML Example must be your own work. Applications submitted with a link to a website designed and built by someone else will be rejected.
- Please do not use AOL.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk, Live.com, Outlook.com, other MSN.com variations, Yahoo.com or other Yahoo variations because we cannot guarantee our emails will reach these addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is a limit on the number
of upcoming fanlistings an owner may have. If you have:
- 6 fanlistings upcoming in a category and/or
- 20 fanlistings upcoming at the network
the staffer has the right to reject your application out-right or until you complete some of your upcoming fanlistings..
If some of these are pending finished forms being processed, include the completed URLs in your application form.
Do not use more than one email address to apply for your fanlistings.
Specific Songs: Various Rules
- PLEASE make sure to include a link with more information on the subject (Wikipedia for example) you are applying for as asked in the application form. This is to make absolutely clear what you applying for as the staffer may not know the subject and/or to avoid any problems or misunderstandings. Please understand that applications that do not include any more information on the subject will be disregarded.
- Songs by a Band/Group, Female Solo, or Male Solo artists that were not originally created for a soundtrack or as a themesong. If the songs had been published in any of the singles/albums/releases of the artist, then please apply in each respective category. Only songs recorded or edited (e.g. shortened or remixed) exclusively for show or movie, and released for no other purpose than as the theme song or soundtrack will be accepted in this category.
- All songs relating to Anime/Manga should be applied for at The Anime Fanlistings Network, and not any of the Songs categories here at TFL. All songs relating to Games and Sports Entertainment should be applied for in their own respective individual categories.
- 'Songs of...' or 'Tour Versions' fanlistings are no longer accepted.
- The only kind of soundtrack songs that will be accepted are songs composed, recorded or edited specifically for the movie or show (i.e. original score) or songs performed by the actors/characters (i.e. musicals).
- Please include the name of the composer (for original score) or actor performing the song (rather than the character). The only exception to listing the name is for stage shows, where the songs may be performed by several different casts.
- In some cases, fictional bands perform songs, and this is the name listed in the credits of the movie/show. In this case, please list the name of the fictional band rather than the actors in the fictional band. If you are unsure whether to list the actors or not, use the credits as a point of reference. Most credits for songs are included under 'soundtrack listing' at IMDb.com.
- For cases where a movie has been made into a stage show, or vice versa, there will be separate fanlistings allowed for the different versions of the song (i.e. one for the movie version, and one for the stage show version). If you would like to have your fanlisting cover both versions, you must apply for each.
- Only songs recorded or edited exclusively for show, and released for no other purpose than as the theme song will be accepted. This does not include songs performed by an independent artist. These should be applied for under the artist in the appropriate songs category.
- Any fanlistings approved before these rules came into affect may remain listed as they are. The fanlisting may be moved over or crosslisted to the appropriate category at the owner's request. This will help avoid the possibility of double approvals.
- Don't apply for a song until you've heard it.
- If you're unsure about the title of a song or who performs it, look it up on either Google.com or Amazon.com before applying for it.
- Provide any extra details about the song that you may have (i.e. what album it can be found on). Lyrics are not considered extra info, please do NOT copy & paste lyrics into your application
- Please give the full name of the subcategory instead of the letter (i.e. Harry Potter instead of H)
- Please give the name of the singer or composer like Surname, First name (i.e. Zimmer, Hans instead of Hans Zimmer)
- Provide a link to information about the song, when it was released/original airdate, etc., in the 'More Info' field
- PLEASE provide a link for more information on the subject you are applying for. A good place to look is Wikipedia or the Wiki for the fandom the song is from that can be found at Wikia
Subjects that are not accepted in this category