Adopting Out Fanlistings
Below are some helpful tips and suggestions for adopting out your fanlistings. If you want to advertise adopting out a fanlisting, try our message board adoption area!
When you adopt out a fanlisting, you as the original owner must submit the update form and tell the staffer the new contact information for the fanlisting (new name, e-mail and URL if applicable). We will only process moved forms from the old owner.
- If you have adopted a fanlisting and find problems with the layout/codes or members list, be aware that there is little that the TFL Staff can do about it. You will have to deal with this with the previous owner.
- If you are in the process of adopting/trading a fanlisting and this falls through, the staff might be unable to chase this up for you if you have lost contact with the owner.
- If the owner has moved on without submitting the moved form, you can contact the relevant TFL staffer with 'evidence' of the trade/adoption (ie. e-mails, etc.). But be aware that we may be unable to process the form without sufficient evidence.
- Be careful what fanlistings you put up for adoption. We all know people can change their minds; however, it's disheartening for people to apply for an adoption only to find the current owner decides to keep it. Think hard before putting fanlistings up for adoption.
- If you plan to adopt out or close a fanlisting that you have adopted, it is polite to contact the previous owner before proceeding. They may be able to take it back.
- If you are adopting out a fanlisting and had multiple applications for it, it is polite to contact the people not approved and let them know they were not chosen. Often people put a lot of emotion into their applications, and it's rude not to let them know the results.
- When adopting out, it can be a good idea to contact your members list. If they are fans, then someone may want to take the fanlisting over from you.