General TFL Guidelines
- Please make sure you've read the rules carefully and checked the approved section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category, please apply in both categories. This does not apply to certain categories, however. Please check the rules and category list pages for more information.
- Name, Email, HTML Example and subject are required fields. Your application will NOT go through unless you fill in these fields.
- Your HTML Example must be your own work. Applications submitted with a link to a website designed and built by someone else will be rejected.
- Please do not use AOL.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk, Live.com, Outlook.com, other MSN.com variations, Yahoo.com or other Yahoo variations because we cannot guarantee our emails will reach these addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is a limit on the number
of upcoming fanlistings an owner may have. If you have:
- 6 fanlistings upcoming in a category and/or
- 20 fanlistings upcoming at the network
the staffer has the right to reject your application out-right or until you complete some of your upcoming fanlistings..
If some of these are pending finished forms being processed, include the completed URLs in your application form.
Do not use more than one email address to apply for your fanlistings.
Specific Musicians: Female Rules
- Please make sure you include the correct and full name of the subject you're applying for, as well as any nicknames they might be known under. This helps prevent double approvals and confusion. Also provide a link to a site (official or fansite) about the subject, whether she is well known or not, preferably one in english. It makes it easier for me, especially if the subject happens to be part of the J-Rock or J-Pop genre.
- Type the subject's name in the Last Name, First Name format (Example: Spears, Britney).
- You must provide a link to information about the history of the artist in the "More information on this subject?" field. You can include a link to an official site or a link from Wikipedia. This will help speed up the approval process.
- If the artist you're applying for is a member of a band, please mention the band's name in the comments field.
- We do not accept applications for combinations of members of a band or bands or a combination of two or more individual female musicians, ie. Melanie B. and Victoria Beckham or Destiny's Child and Spice Girls.
- The artist you apply for must have material available to the public (be it mp3 format or independently released material). We do not accept applications for artists with no recording history.
- Any female musician appearing on an Idol type show (American Idol, Fame and any other variation) are to be applied in this category. This is to avoid double approvals and unneccessary confusion. Do not apply for these contestants in TV/Stage Personalities.
- Please remember that it is the owners responsibility to cross-list. If you don't cross-list your fanlisting into this category, anyone else is free to apply and be approved. If you want to cross-list, you must use the apply form like everyone else. There is no guarantee that you will be approved, but if you mention that you own the fanlisting in another category, I will take that into consideration.
- Screen actresses and musical actresses who sing in their roles will no longer be accepted in this category on the basis of vocal contributions to soundtracks, as that is still under the wing of their acting commitments.
- Approvals for any contestants on American Idol will not be made until after the second week of competition for the Top 12 airs. This is to give people an opportunity to see the contestants a few more times and apply for the fanlisting.
- Note: Fanlistings listed in the Personalities category cannot be crosslisted into other categories. Personalities can be found, and applied for in the Personalities category only