General TFL Guidelines
- Please make sure you've read the rules carefully and checked the approved section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category, please apply in both categories. This does not apply to certain categories, however. Please check the rules and category list pages for more information.
- Name, Email, HTML Example and subject are required fields. Your application will NOT go through unless you fill in these fields.
- Your HTML Example must be your own work. Applications submitted with a link to a website designed and built by someone else will be rejected.
- Please do not use AOL.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk, Live.com, Outlook.com, other MSN.com variations, Yahoo.com or other Yahoo variations because we cannot guarantee our emails will reach these addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is a limit on the number
of upcoming fanlistings an owner may have. If you have:
- 6 fanlistings upcoming in a category and/or
- 20 fanlistings upcoming at the network
the staffer has the right to reject your application out-right or until you complete some of your upcoming fanlistings..
If some of these are pending finished forms being processed, include the completed URLs in your application form.
Do not use more than one email address to apply for your fanlistings.
Specific Animals Rules
- Before applying, please be sure to check the approved category page to make sure the fanlisting your applying for isn't already taken. Look under every possible name your subject could be listed under.
- This category includes animals and insects.
- SUBJECT field: Put the entire subject name. (Example: Dogs: Chow Chows NOT just Chow Chows)
- Not accepted in this category:
- Fantasy animals should be applied for under Mythology/Religion but you may apply for extinct animals (such as dinosaurs) here.
- Animal characters from books, TV shows, comics or movies (such as Marcel from Friends) should be applied for under Characters: Book/Movie, Characters: TV and Comics.
- Animated animals should be applied for under animation. Anime and Manga should be applied for at The Anime Fanlistings
- Celebrity animals go into either TV/Stage Personalities or TV/Movie/Book Miscellany.
- Types of pets (i.e. Pets: Dogs, Pets: Exotic, or Pets: Housepets) will not be approved.
- Fanlistings for a person's pets (such as Jane's dog or Celebrity's cat) will not be approved.
- Babies of any breed of animals are covered by the fanlisting for it, i.e. baby tigers would be covered by the tigers fanlisting.
- Specific breed colors (ie. Dogs: Black Labrador Retrievers, Cats: Silver Tabby) will no longer be approved.
- When applying, please include alternative names (if applicable) and links (required) (official sites, Wikipedia, etc.) in the more information on this subject box - to help speed application time and accuracy.
- Be sure to include the sub-category that the subject belongs in. The current sub-categories are:
- Required on ALL applications: Provide a link to information about the subject you are applying for in the 'More Information?' field or your application will not be processed.
- Amphibians & Reptiles
- Aquatic Animals
- General Animals
- Mammals: Canines
- Mammals: Equines
- Mammals: Felines
- Mammals: Marsupials
- Mammals: Other Carnivores/Insectivores/Omnivores
- Mammals: Other Herbivores
- Mammals: Primates
- Mammals: Rodents