General TFL Guidelines
- Please make sure you've read the rules carefully and checked the approved section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category, please apply in both categories. This does not apply to certain categories, however. Please check the rules and category list pages for more information.
- Name, Email, HTML Example and subject are required fields. Your application will NOT go through unless you fill in these fields.
- Your HTML Example must be your own work. Applications submitted with a link to a website designed and built by someone else will be rejected.
- Please do not use AOL.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk, Live.com, Outlook.com, other MSN.com variations, Yahoo.com or other Yahoo variations because we cannot guarantee our emails will reach these addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is a limit on the number
of upcoming fanlistings an owner may have. If you have:
- 6 fanlistings upcoming in a category and/or
- 20 fanlistings upcoming at the network
the staffer has the right to reject your application out-right or until you complete some of your upcoming fanlistings..
If some of these are pending finished forms being processed, include the completed URLs in your application form.
Do not use more than one email address to apply for your fanlistings.
Specific Music Miscellany Rules
- Musicians, songwriters, and music producers need to be applied for in either the Musicians: Bands/Groups, Musicians: Female, or Musicians: Male categories.
- Record labels are no longer approved in Music Miscellany and should be applied for in the Companies category.
- Specific music videos are NOT approvable. However, general music videos for a band or an artist (e.g., "Music Videos of Britney Spears") are approvable.
- "Collaborations of", "Covers of", "Lyrics of" and "Performances of" are NOT approvable.
- "Songs of" and "Albums of" ARE now approvable. To apply, please use the following format: "Songs: Last Name, First Name" or "Albums: Last Name, First Name".
- The "Music of" subcategory only relates to the music of movies and TV shows that do NOT have an officially released soundtrack. If a movie or a TV show has an original soundtrack, please apply in the Albums category.
- Sub-genres and fusion-genres ARE now accepted in the "Genres" subcategory.
- Specific national genres (e.g., "Traditional Chinese", "JPop") are also approvable but blanket genres for a nationality are not (e.g., "Asian", "Japanese", "American", etc.).
- Remember to include the subcategory that the subject belongs in. Possible subcategories include: B-sides of, Band types, Choreography & Dancers, Concerts of, Documentaries, Events/Festivals, General Music Related, Genres, Instruments, Managers, Miscellaneous, Music of, Music videos of, Performances, Re-mixes of, Record labels, Residency shows, Song types, Tours, TV Specials.
- To increase your chances on being approved and to make sure the approval process goes smoothly, please see the Music Miscellany Guide.