General TFL Guidelines
- Please make sure you've read the rules carefully and checked the approved section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category, please apply in both categories. This does not apply to certain categories, however. Please check the rules and category list pages for more information.
- Name, Email, HTML Example and subject are required fields. Your application will NOT go through unless you fill in these fields.
- Your HTML Example must be your own work. Applications submitted with a link to a website designed and built by someone else will be rejected.
- Please do not use AOL.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk, Live.com, Outlook.com, other MSN.com variations, Yahoo.com or other Yahoo variations because we cannot guarantee our emails will reach these addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is a limit on the number
of upcoming fanlistings an owner may have. If you have:
- 6 fanlistings upcoming in a category and/or
- 20 fanlistings upcoming at the network
the staffer has the right to reject your application out-right or until you complete some of your upcoming fanlistings..
If some of these are pending finished forms being processed, include the completed URLs in your application form.
Do not use more than one email address to apply for your fanlistings.
Specific Musicians: Male Rules
- Before applying, please double check that the subject you are applying for is not already taken. Look under every possible letter it could be listed under (first name, last name, stage name).
- NOT ACCEPTED IN THIS CATEGORY:
- Artists with no recording history. The artist must have material available to the public.
- Screen actors and musical actors. Vocal contributions fall under the wing of their acting commitments.
- Include the full name of the artist, if possible. It would also be helpful if you apply in the Last Name, First Name format.
- Example: Blunt, James.
- If the artist goes under a stage name, include his real name in parenthesis.
- Example: Eminem (Marshall Mathers III).
- Cross-listing: It is the owner's responsibility to cross-list their fanlisting into the appropriate categories. To cross-list your fanlisting into Musicians: Male, please apply normally and mention in the comments that you would like to cross-list your fanlisting from the Actors category, for example. While this does not guarantee your approval, it will be taken into consideration.
- Include links (official sites, Wikipedia, etc.) that provides more information about the artist.
- If your subject is a member of a band, please include the name of the band, especially when there is limited information available about the artist. It will also help avoid double approvals for artists with the same name.
- Approvals for any American Idol contestants will not be made until after the second week of competition for the Top 12 airs. This is to give all applicants an opportunity to see the contestants a few more times before applying for the fanlisting.
- To have a better idea of the category's applications process and requirements, please refer here.
- Note: Fanlistings listed in the Personalities category cannot be crosslisted into other categories. Personalities can be found, and applied for in the Personalities category only
MORE INFORMATION BOX: