General TFL Guidelines
- Please make sure you've read the rules carefully and checked the approved section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category, please apply in both categories. This does not apply to certain categories, however. Please check the rules and category list pages for more information.
- Name, Email, HTML Example and subject are required fields. Your application will NOT go through unless you fill in these fields.
- Your HTML Example must be your own work. Applications submitted with a link to a website designed and built by someone else will be rejected.
- Please do not use AOL.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk, Live.com, Outlook.com, other MSN.com variations, Yahoo.com or other Yahoo variations because we cannot guarantee our emails will reach these addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is a limit on the number
of upcoming fanlistings an owner may have. If you have:
- 6 fanlistings upcoming in a category and/or
- 20 fanlistings upcoming at the network
the staffer has the right to reject your application out-right or until you complete some of your upcoming fanlistings..
If some of these are pending finished forms being processed, include the completed URLs in your application form.
Do not use more than one email address to apply for your fanlistings.
Specific Movies Rules
- No applying before a movie is released: You may not apply for a movie that has not yet been released. Any applications sent before the original release date will be deleted. You should SEE the movie before applying. This rule does NOT mean apply at 12:00 am on the day of the release. Sneak previews and film festivals do not count, even if you have seen the movie before the release date, do not apply until afterwards.
- "Movies Of": Fanlistings for 'Movies of ____ Actor/Actress/Director, etc.' are no longer accepted.
- Fanlistings for a "series" of movies will now be allowed. A "series" exists when there are 3 or more movies made in the series. (A movie and one sequel does not count, and will not unless a third movie is made.) You may not apply for a "series" until the third movie has been released.
- If the movie has a sequel, you must fill out a separate application for the sequel. One application per movie that you wish to apply for ONLY. We will no longer give automatic preference to the current owner of a movie that has a newly-released sequel. The current owner may apply and will be considered, but they will NOT be automatically approved.
- Any movies beginning with 'A' or 'The' should be applied with the 'A' or 'The' at the end.
Nightmare on Elm Street, A
Hunger Games, The
- REQUIRED: Your application MUST have the IMDB.com link to the movie, NOT wikipedia. The ONLY exception to that is for Genres. For Genres, put the wikipedia link. It doesn't matter how well known the subject is, you must provide a link. If you don't provide that information, your application will NOT be processed.
- We do not accept applications for DVD/VHS boxsets or extended versions & director's cuts of movies.
- Please apply for all animated movies in ANIMATION. They do not belong in this category, and you may lose your chance to be approved for it if you apply in the wrong place.
- Mini-series go into TV Shows. TV movies can be applied for in this category
- Not Approvable: Harry Potter movies and series. Please click here for details.
- We will now accept fanlistings for Genres of movies in this category, instead of Miscellaneous. Your application will be checked by the staffer to make sure it is a valid genre and the staffer has the right to reject your application if the genre is too specific or not a valid genre. Also, if you can provide links to information about the genre in the More Info box, it will allow the processing of your application to go much smoother. Please include "Genres" as your subcategory on your application.
- Do not include spoilers in your application, no matter when the movie was released. Just because you've seen it doesn't mean that I have, so please leave them out.
- Fanlistings approved before any of the above rules came into effect will not be affected.