General TFL Guidelines
- Please make sure you've read the rules carefully and checked the approved section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category, please apply in both categories. This does not apply to certain categories, however. Please check the rules and category list pages for more information.
- Name, Email, HTML Example and subject are required fields. Your application will NOT go through unless you fill in these fields.
- Your HTML Example must be your own work. Applications submitted with a link to a website designed and built by someone else will be rejected.
- Please do not use AOL.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk, Live.com, Outlook.com, other MSN.com variations, Yahoo.com or other Yahoo variations because we cannot guarantee our emails will reach these addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is a limit on the number
of upcoming fanlistings an owner may have. If you have:
- 6 fanlistings upcoming in a category and/or
- 20 fanlistings upcoming at the network
the staffer has the right to reject your application out-right or until you complete some of your upcoming fanlistings..
If some of these are pending finished forms being processed, include the completed URLs in your application form.
Do not use more than one email address to apply for your fanlistings.
Specific Miscellaneous Rules
- READ THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY!
Please double check if the fanlisting you want to apply for really belongs in the Miscellaneous category. If you apply for a fanlisting that does not belong here, your application will be returned to you. It's up to you to reapply after that; I will not forward your application to the correct category. Cross-listing is not allowed in the Miscellaneous category. If your subject applies to another category in addition to Miscellaneous, then it belongs in the other category and will not be cross-listed.
- The following subjects are not accepted in Miscellaneous:
- People (famous and non-famous) and relationships between people
- Particular words, letters, specific times (i.e. '5:45pm'), or forms of punctuation (i.e. 'commas', 'exclamation marks')
- Narcotics such as heroin and cocaine
- Illnesses and disorders
- The following subjects are not accepted in Miscellaneous and should be applied for elsewhere:
- Academia: For education and science related subjects (i.e. Sociology, Mathematics)
- Arts and Design: For shapes and designs (i.e. Circles, Stripes, Flags)
- Calendar Events: For holidays and other calendar events (i.e. Halloween, Christmas, March, Fridays)
- Hobbies and Recreation: For hobbies and recreation related subjects (i.e. Shopping, Ferris Wheels)
- Objects: For objects (i.e. MP3 Players, Chairs)
- People Miscellany: For people related subjects (i.e. Boyfriends, Blonde Hair, Hands)
- Politics and Organisations: For organisations and clubs (i.e. PETA, Amnesty International)
- Colours subcategory:
Applications for combinations of colours (i.e. 'blue/green', 'purple/white/yellow') and general ranges of colours (i.e 'light blue', 'dark purple') are not accepted. Applications for specific shades (i.e. 'plum', 'lavender', 'silver') are accepted, but will be approved at the discretion of the staffer.
- Concepts and Ideas and Un-Categorised subcategories:
Applications for fanlistings in these subcategories are accepted but will be approved at the discretion of the staffer.
- Subcategory Field:
Filling out the subcategory field is MANDATORY for all applications. Failure to include the subcategory of the fanlisting you're applying for will result in your application being deleted. Your application will also be deleted if you include a nonexistent subcategory.
The current subcategories are:
Concepts and Ideas
Tobacco and Drugs