General TFL Guidelines
- Please make sure you've read the rules carefully and checked the approved section before applying.
- If you're applying for more than one fanlisting, please use a separate form for each fanlisting you want.
- If the fanlisting you want fits into more than one category, please apply in both categories. This does not apply to certain categories, however. Please check the rules and category list pages for more information.
- Name, Email, HTML Example and subject are required fields. Your application will NOT go through unless you fill in these fields.
- Your HTML Example must be your own work. Applications submitted with a link to a website designed and built by someone else will be rejected.
- Please do not use AOL.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk, Live.com, Outlook.com, other MSN.com variations, Yahoo.com or other Yahoo variations because we cannot guarantee our emails will reach these addresses.
- PLEASE NOTE: there is a limit on the number
of upcoming fanlistings an owner may have. If you have:
- 6 fanlistings upcoming in a category and/or
- 20 fanlistings upcoming at the network
the staffer has the right to reject your application out-right or until you complete some of your upcoming fanlistings..
If some of these are pending finished forms being processed, include the completed URLs in your application form.
Do not use more than one email address to apply for your fanlistings.
Specific Comics Rules
- Artists/Writers: Please include an informative link proving that they have done comics-related work, with your application. Also, please use the following format - Last Name, First Name, for example, "David, Peter".
- Characters: Please use the following format - Title/Series: Last Name, First Name (Code Name, if exists). For example, "Peanuts: Brown, Charlie". Characters from DC or Marvel series should be applied for using the company name rather than the series name. For example, "Marvel Comics: Howlett, James 'Logan' (Wolverine)".
- Character groups are accepted. We accept fanlistings for teams, groups, clubs, races and species. Gender-specific character groups are limited to 'male' or 'female.' Male includes men and boys, and female includes women and girls. Also, you are not able to 'stack' descriptors. This means that 'Male Characters of' is okay. 'Villains of' is okay. 'Male Villains of' is not okay.
- Comic Book Series: Be sure to indicate which version of the comic book you are applying for. For example, "Astonishing X-Men (2nd Series)" or "Astonishing X-Men (All)". Please also include an informative link giving details of the series/strip with your application, in the 'More Information' box.
- Comic Strips: Please include an informative link giving details of the series/strip with your application, in the 'More Information' box.
- Fan Works: The Fan Works subcategory follows the same rules as those listed in the Fan Works category.
- Global Manga: Global Manga is defined as comics or graphic novels of Eastern origin that may pass as manga to those unfamiliar with the distinction. For example, Korean graphic novels, or manwha. Comics or graphic novels which are Japanese in origin and have been released translated into English belong at The Anime Fanlistings. Translations are not considered different than the original, and will not be approved in this category.
- Relationships: Please use the following format - Title/Series: Last Name, First Name (Code Name, if exists) and First Name Last Name (Code Name, if exists). For example, "Peanuts: Brown, Charlie and Snoopy". Characters from DC or Marvel series should be applied for using the company name rather than the series name. For example, "DC Comics: Kent, Clark (Superman) and Lois Lane".
- Webcomics: Please include the URL of the comic with your application.
- Please indicate what subcategory (ie - Artists/Writers, Storylines) your subject falls under. If you do not do this your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
- REQUIRED: The 'More Information' box is your friend. Please provide a link to information about the comic/character/relationship that you are applying for. Applications without this will be deleted.
- Comics that have been adapted to films, television shows or animated series will be approved separately from their film and tv versions. If you wish to be approved for all instances, please apply in all categories and indicate this in the comment section. (You are not necessarily guaranteed approval in all categories you apply under.)